So, this is my brother's go-to recipe. It's quick, doesn't need a tonne of ingredients and tastes amazing. It's full of flavour and perfect for one of these cold, winter evenings. It's a thai inspired, vegetarian dish that he created whilst at uni.
2 cans x Chickpeas
2 x Sweet potatoes
2 handfulls x Kale
4 x Shallots
1 can x Coconut Rice
1tsp x Cinnamon
1tsp x Turmeric
2 x Lemongrass stalk
2 x cm cube ginger
8 x Keffir leaves
2 x tbsp Soy sauce
2 x tbsp Sriracha
- Mince lemongrass, grind ginger and slice shallots
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes
- Sauté the ginger, lemongrass and shallots until the shallots begin to brown (add water if the vegetable start to catch)
- Add turmeric, cinnamon and lime leaves
- After 1 minute, add the soy sauce and Sriracha to make a paste, feel free to add as much or as little as you'd like
- Now it's time to add the sweet potato. Cover it in the paste and leave it to cook briefly.
- Add the chickpeas and stir through
- Add the coconut milk and top off with water if needed
- Now, cover the pan and bring to a gentle simmer
- Stir through the kale and leave for a couple of minutes
- Now it's time to relax and enjoy!