Well hello there! It's been a while but I'm back to share the recipe for my new favourite sweet treat. I have become absolutely addicted to chocolate since lockdown started, anyone else? Anyway, I decided to experiment a little, to create a healthier option and here it is...The Chocolate & Coconut Date Bar!
This is a very quick and easy recipe, there really isn't much work to do at all and you can also take the base of this recipe to add in some of your favourite things like crushed pretzels, for example. Anyway, you can find the recipe below :)
Makes 25 squares (3x3cm)
1 Cup Medjool Dates (Don't forget to remove the seeds!)
1/2 cup Almond meal
1/2 cup Mixed nuts
1 tbsp Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Cacao Nibs
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
1/2 cup Desiccated coconut for coating
1. Place the medjool dates into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add the almond meal, cacao powder and water in with the dates. Depending on the thickness add more water. You need it to be soft enough that it all mixes well but not too gloopy and sticky... then it's just a nightmare!
3. Next you can add in the nuts into the food processor and mix to the point where the nuts are chopped but still fairly chunky.
4. Now you can add the cacao nibs and the sea salt. You can use as much or as little salt as you would like and mix by hand. I love salty sweet treats so I added plenty.
5. Place the mixture onto a tray, lined with baking paper. Spread it out out and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
6. After 1 hour, remove the tray from the fridge and cut into shapes. We've cut 25 3x3cm squares using these quantities but you can cut them into whatever shape you would like!
7. Now you're almost there, dip the bars into the desiccated coconut coating the entire bar and that's it!
8. Store these bars in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Kōr is our brand of essentials, pieces at the very core of your wardrobe. These are the garments you reach for regularly, whether you are dressing up or down. The fact... Read More
T-shirts are one of the most simple and commonly purchased garments in the world. Today, I'll be looking at the lifecycle of this essential item to highlight the many stages... Read More