In case you didn’t know, I’m a lazy cook! I like recipes that are quick and easy and this recipe for granola and compote is exactly that.
Trust me, this granola is easy to make and even easier to snack on all day! The bonus is that it is healthy too. You can swap ingredients in and out depending on what you already have available.
Granola with yoghurt and compote is one of my favourite snack and breakfast options so I’ve added in a compote recipe. Compote is another easy recipe and you can swap ingredients to make it exactly how you’d like it and it’s a great way to use up old fruit too. I’ve added a little honey to sweeten the recipe but feel free to add more or none at all.
- 0.5 cup coconut flakes
- 0.5 cup pumpkin seeds
- 0.25 cup sunflower seeds
- 0.25 cup linseeds
- 0.5 cup mixed & crushed nuts
- 0.5 cup oats
- 3tbsp Brown rice syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined
- Place the mixture into a baking tray, spread out and flatten
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until visibly golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Once cool, remove from the tray and crush by hand
- Store in an airtight container
- 6 rhubarb stalks
- 3 Golden and delicious apples
- 0.5 cup orange juice
- 0.5 cup mixed berries
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tbsp honey
- Peel and cut the apples. Cut the rhubarb into 1cm slices
- Place the rhubarb, apple and mixed berries into a pan with the orange juice (it doesn’t look like a lot of liquid but allow to fruits to simmer for a bit and then add in a little more liquid if you feel it is still not enough)
- Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer.
- Now add the honey, vanilla and cinnamon and mix.
- Leave to simmer until the fruit is soft. If you prefer larger chunks of fruit, remove from the pan earlier (around 15 minutes)
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place into a an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
- That’s it, enjoy!